Meet Team NoVa Ninja
Casey PassafaroOwner / Head Ninja Coach
Janice “JJ” McLeanOwner / Head CrossFit Coach
Girard OrdwayGeneral Manager / Ninja Coach
Dustin ZiskaCourse-setter / Ninja Coach
Leanna LockhartCompetitive Youth Ninja Coach
- NBC’s American Ninja Warrior Season 8 & 9 Competitor
- CMT’s Broken Skull Challenge – 2016
- Competitive Obstacle Course Racing
- CrossFit Level 1 certified, CPR/AED certified, and a board certified Nurse Practitioner.
Janice “JJ” McLean
- Programs functional fitness training at NoVa Ninja/CrossFit Loudoun
- NBC’s American Ninja Warrior Course Tester
- Head Referee for the Capital Affiliate League
- Professional referee for the National Pro Grid League (NPGL)
- Director/Chief Referee of the Mid Atlantic Grid League (MAGL)
- CrossFit L1, CrossFit Olympic Lifting, CrossFit Powerlifting, CrossFit Kids, CrossFit Defense, CPR/AED certifications.
Girard was born in Maryland and then bounced around the eastern United States a lot. His fitness journey began with ice hockey at age eight. Once in high-school, he picked up powerlifting, and eventually went on to play semi-pro hockey as an adult. On a winter trip to New Hampshire in 2010, Girard was introduced to the many forms of climbing which immediately took him on a five year journey around the world. He continued to work for Oracle while peak bagging, skiing, ice climbing, and rock climbing. Ultimately, that lead him to leave his decade long IT career in the past to become a professional bass guitarist.
He finds himself back in Virginia over 500 live shows later and has shifted his music focus to studio work allowing for more time to dedicate training himself and others through bodyweight fitness related activities.
Girard loves lots related to learning, teaching, reading, writing, challenges, conversing, and survival: Brazilian Jiujitsu, motorcycle riding/restoration, dogs, and passionate people that find answers instead of excuses. His proudest achievements to date include climbing Eyeless in Gaza, NH (5.12b rock); Great Madness, NH (WI5 ice); Solo Winter Presidential Traverse, NH (11.5 hours, 23 miles, 13 summits); and a winter climb of Parinacota, Bolivia (20,827ft stratovolcano).
Coach Dustin is our resident Adult/Teen Ninja Night coach. He is an experienced ninja himself and an expert course setter. He’s placed 1st in “Goliathon,” and was awarded the coveted “David” status which only a handful of people in the country have achieved.
He enjoys training new ninja athletes just as much as experienced veterans. He looks to compete on American Ninja Warrior and consistently trains for the opportunity year round!